Gypaète barbu (Gypaetus barbatus)
Crédit photo : Frédéric Delmas
To ensure peaceful sites, the project includes 6 actions:
- Securing and neutralizing dangerous electrical installations;
- Including mappings of the most sensitive areas for the Bearded Vulture in all windfarm projects;
- Strengthening actions to combat and supervise toxic threats;
- Experimenting lead-free ammunition;
- Rescuing birds in distress
- Limiting sources of disturbances and hazards from human activities.
Such actions are based on conducting 3 preliminary actions:
- Drawing up the inventory of dangerous power lines;
- Mapping the areas where the Bearded Vulture is present and including them in windfarm plans and installations;
- Collecting and analyzing how the public perceives carrion-eating birds in general and the Bearded Vulture in particular, to design relevant communication campaigns.